- A severance package is pay and benefits an employee receives when they leave employment at a company. In addition to the employee’s remaining regular pay, it may include some of the following: * An additional payment based on months of service * Payment for unused vacation time or sick leave.
- Money paid as compensation to someone whose employment is ended
- An amount paid to an employee upon dismissal or discharge from employment
- (Severance Payments) Payments made as a result of a termination of a position of office, or employment.
- a statistic describing the location of a distribution; “it set the norm for American homes”
- approximating the statistical norm or average or expected value; “the average income in New England is below that of the nation”; “of average height for his age”; “the mean annual rainfall”
- The apportionment of financial liability resulting from loss of or damage to a ship or its cargo
- amount to or come to an average, without loss or gain; “The number of hours I work per work averages out to 40”
- The result obtained by adding several quantities together and then dividing this total by the number of quantities; the mean
- An amount, standard, level, or rate regarded as usual or ordinary
Inertia in Bangor
Maine Times Magazine died as a result of the sheer negligence of the owner, and more than two years later, he still can’t lease or sell the space. Even his insanely extravagant cherrywood cubicle walls were still in there, untouched. Hence, the building has become a shrine to failure; an albatross around the neck of the rotten Hutchins dynasty. He still owes many thousands of dollars for killing the magazine while failing to pay photographers, writers, printers, pre-press vendors, fulltime staffers, hell, even the local computer shop where the Macs came from…
…Not that I’m bitter, of course. It gave me a perfect chance to come back home to DC. Any landing you can walk away from, etc…